LA PAZ – SAN FRANCISCO MINE - TAKESI
- / BL /D
Pick up from your hotel in La Paz and depart towards the guardian mountain of the city, the amazing Illimani. To get there we are going to pass trough the Animas Valley, the Palca Canyon, several planted fields and some small villages.
As you approach to Illimani Mountain, its size becomes more and more impressive.
The trek begins at San Francisco mine from where we make our way over a mountain pass at 4.600 meters above sea level. In the afternoon we will arrive to the village of Takesi.
*Overnight in Tents at a camp located at 3.700m.
TAKESI – KAKAPI - PONGO
B / BL / D
After a good breakfast we start descending from Takesi Village to Pongo. On route we will be able to observe the stunning Quimsa Chata river.
Lunch will be in the open air at the Kakapi area. App. 5-6 hours walk.
*Overnight in Tents at a camp near the village of Pongo, 2.000m
PONGO – CHOJLLA – LA PAZ
B / BL / -
After breakfast we begin the trip from Pongo to the Chojlla Mine, located at 2280 m.a.s.l. We start by descending to Takesi River for approximately two hours, and then climb up until we reach the Chojlla mine. The mine is run by cooperatives. It is possible to observe the working conditions of the mine workers.
Our trekking finishes at this stage where our vehicle will be waiting to drive us back to La Paz.
- Tour of difficulty relatively hard, does not require technical climbing experience, but the participants must be in a good physical and heath condition.
- The walk is in difficult terrain and with some long hikes.
- Acclimatization is essential for high altitude activity.
- The Porters will carry the luggage you don’t use during the day. You only carry the luggage you need during the day.
- The quality of sleep is normally poor at high camps. Some people may have problems during the night: soft headache, waking-up several times, lack of oxygen or having strange and very vivid dreams.
· Exclusive transportation round trip.
· Mules for the gear and meals.
· Professional cook.
- Meals as mentioned on the itinerary (B-Breakfast/L-Lunch/BX-Box Lunch/D-dinner).
· Specialized English speaking guide.
· Camping gear, Igloo tents, mattress.
· Admission to the park
- Permanent assistance by our Operations Department.
· Personal equipment of cleanliness.
· Flash light, Sleeping bag.
· Sun glasses,
· Insect Repellent.
· Personal expenses
· Tips of any kind
· International (25 US$) or domestic airport taxes (2.5 US$).
· International or domestic airfares
For more information about this tour, or for information about other tour options available, please CONTACT US.